Tuesday, March 6th, 2018
March 6th is National Dentist's Day! We want to take a moment to highlight our experienced dentists and dental care team at Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX. We want to thank Dr. Paul G. Davis, Dr. Dakota Davis, Dr. Lauren Drennan and their dental care team for providing personalized, patient-focused dental care in Bedford, TX. At Davis Family Dental Care our team of dentists is committed to providing personalized treatment planning that addresses your goal, budget, and lifestyle. Our goal is to promote a healthier smile through comprehensive dental care.
We offer a wide range of cosmetic, general, and restorative dentistry services to patients of all ages. We provide comprehensive, advanced dentistry services for patients dealing with complex dental problems and work with them to improve the quality and health of their natural smile. If you need to schedule a routine visit or have any questions regarding your oral health, Davis Family Dental Care can work with you to find the right solution for your smile.
Read what patients are saying about Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX!
"Always a great experience here! Dr. Dakota and all the staff are friendly and compassionate. I’m a needy patient, and Dr. Dakota walks me through every step when she works on me. My four-year-old has been twice and the hygienists so a wonderful job of making him feel at ease. Best family business!" -Amy H.
"I changed dentist because the last one was not detailed in what my kids needed and why and not very gentle according to both my kids. My kids loved the Davis staff because they were friendly and gentle. I loved the staff because they explained everything in detail! Now my youngest wants to go back in 3 months instead of 6. Thank you Davis family dental!!" - Julie B.
"Davis Family Dental Care is amazing! Dr. Dakota and her staff are fabulous. They make you feel comfortable and always explain everything and go over your options prior to treatment. By far she is the best dentist I have had." -Danielle C.
Visit Davis Family Dental Care
Visting the dentist on a regular basis is an essential part of maintaining excellent oral health. At Davis Family Dental Care we are committed to helping our patients get one step closer to optimal oral health. If you need to schedule a preventive care visit, or you would like to speak to one of our experienced staff, schedule an appointment at Davis Family Dental care.
Posted in: Family Dentist Beford, National Dentist Day
Monday, February 19th, 2018
Taking care of your gums is essential to maintaining excellent oral health. Gum disease is one of the most common oral health issues among patients. Gum disease is preventable with proper oral hygiene and routine visits to an experienced dental office. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, we offer preventive dental care services and periodontal therapy for patients with declining gum health. We encourage patients to take preventive measures to take care of their teeth and gums to avoid the development of advanced dental issues. In the most advanced stage of gum disease called periodontitis, deep pockets form around the teeth causing the teeth to shift and may eventually result in tooth loss. Taking preventive measures can lower your risks of developing periodontitis. In the earliest stage of gum disease called gingivitis, your dentist may be able to offer conservative treatment to reverse the effects of the disease.
Do I Know If I Have Gum Disease?
To determine if you have developed gum disease, visit Davis Family Dental Care. We offer screenings for gum disease and other complex dental issues during every visit. For patients with gum disease, we work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses all your needs. Patients should be aware of what signs and symptoms of gum disease are so that they can coordinate care with their dentist.
Possible Signs and Symptoms of Gum Disease:
Even if you don't experience any of these signs of gum disease, you may still have some form of gum disease. If you suspect you have some gum disease, contact our Bedford, TX dental office.
- bleeding gums
- swollen, red gums
- bad breath
- shifting teeth
- receding gums
- tender gums
How Do I Improve Gum Health?
Improving you gum health can be beneficial to the long-term condition of your smile. Making necessary changes to your oral hygiene routine can get you one step closer to better gum health. Try to follow these tips to boost your gum health.
Find ways to incorporate these points to improve your gum health. If you have any questions about your gum health or you need to schedule an appointment, contact Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX to schedule an appointment.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss your teeth on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking and tobacco use.
- Schedule biannual dental checkups with your dentist.
- Eat a nutritious, well-balanced diet.
Posted in: Gum Health
Tuesday, January 9th, 2018
Did you know that damaged teeth can be an indication of a more serious underlying oral health concern?
Finding the right treatment for worn or damaged teeth can not only improve the aesthetic of your smile, but it can improve the function of your smile as well. Damaged teeth can be a result of an accident, poor oral health, an underlying oral health concern, or poor overall health. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, our team of dentists offers solutions to treat patients with damaged teeth.
During your visit to our Bedford, TX dental office, one of our skilled dentists will perform a comprehensive dental exam. During the comprehensive dental exam, we will examine the teeth for any signs of complex dental problems. We will address any dental issues found during the comprehensive exam. If your tooth damage is caused by an underlying dental problem, we will provide a solution that addresses your dental concern as well as the aesthetic of your teeth.
To correct a damaged smile, our team of dentists may suggest a range of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry services.
Schedule An Appointment
If left untreated, damaged teeth can lead to more extensive damage in the future. If you have chipped, cracked, discolored, or missing teeth, Davis Family Dental Care has a wide range of treatment options to improve your smile. Our team of cosmetic dentists is highly trained, experienced professionals in Bedford, TX. If you would like to discuss your options, you can schedule an appointment at Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX.
Posted in: damaged teeth
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Understanding your dental insurance can help you better utilize your dental benefits and get the dental care you need. Most dental benefits revolve around the calendar year, which means to get the most out of your benefits you should use them by the end of the year. Most dental benefits don't roll over to the next year so if you don't use them before the year ends then you lose them. At Davis Family Dental Care, our team of dentists works to provide advanced, patient-focused dental care for all of our patients. We understand that dental procedures can be costly so we offer a range of payment options so that patients can get the dental care they need to improve their smile.
To help patients understand their benefits our staff is trained to assist you in maximizing your dental benefits. So if you have any questions regarding your dental insurance and benefits, contact our experienced dental care team at Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX.
- Cash, personal checks, and money orders
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- Health Savings Accounts and Flex Spending Accounts
Regarding dental insurance, there are certain keywords you should be aware of. These key terms can help you better understand your dental insurance.
Deductible: Your deductible is the amount of money you are responsible for paying before your dental insurance company will cover the cost. If you aren't sure how much your deductible is, contact your dental insurance company.
Maximums: The maximum amount of money your insurance will cover a year.
Coinsurance: Depending on your insurance, you may be responsible for paying a coinsurance. Your coinsurance is an amount of money you are responsible for paying after your deductible is met. Your insurance company will pay for part of your treatment, and you may be responsible for paying the other part (coinsurance).
Exclusion: Exclusion is a list of treatments or procedures your insurance will not cover. Exclusion varies from insurance company to insurance company, so you should contact your dental insurance to get a list of your exclusions depending on your plan.
Schedule An Appointment
Talking to your dental insurance company or one of our trained staff at Davis Family Dental Care can help you get a better understanding of your benefits so that you can get the coverage and dental treatment you need. To schedule an appointment, contact our Bedford, TX dental office.
Posted in: Dental Insurance
Tuesday, November 7th, 2017
Are you looking for a convenient, comfortable way to straighten your teeth?
Smart Moves is a clear aligner system that can help straighten the teeth over time. Smart Moves is ideal for teens and adult patients who are seeking a convenient, discreet way realign their teeth. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, we offer Smart Moves as a solution for patients suffering from a range of alignment problems.
Smart Moves can help correct:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
Benefits of Clear Braces
There is a range of benefits invisible braces offer that traditional braces do not. Smart Moves is tailored to your particular dental needs. Our team of dentists works with you to create a system that is convenient and effective.
During your consultation, our dentists will carefully examine your teeth. We will take impressions of your teeth to create custom-made aligners that fit comfortably and securely over your teeth. Once your custom made aligners are ready, we will discuss the length of your treatment and specific care instructions. Patients will replace their aligners every two weeks. Over the course of your treatment, your teeth will shift into place.
- Removable: With invisible braces, patients can remove their braces to eat and drink. Patients don't need to restrict their eating due to their braces. Removable braces may even help you improve your oral hygiene routine. With traditional braces, brushing and flossing your teeth may become more time consuming or uncomfortable. With Smart Moves, patients can remove their aligners to brush and floss normally.
- Invisible: Smart Moves is a discreet way to straighten your teeth over time. If you don't like the look of traditional metal braces, Smart Moves may be the solution for you. With Smart Moves, you may be the only person who knows you're wearing braces.
- Convenient: Unlike traditional braces, patients won't need to visit the detest for tightenings, which can be uncomfortable and time-consuming. With Smart Moves, patients will receive custom-made aligners which need to replaced every few weeks. However, receiving new aligners don't require extra visits and time out of your busy day.
Schedule An Appointment
If you want to explore your options to straighten your teeth, contact Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX. Our dental care team will work with you to help you achieve your ideal smile.
Posted in: invisible braces bedford
Friday, October 6th, 2017
In 1963, Harvey Ball created the "smiley face" to remind people to smile and treat one another with kindness. Over the years, his message has been commercialized so he decided to create World Smile Day. World Smile Day falls on the first Friday of October every year. People band together to perform acts of kindness in hopes of making each other smile.
At Davis Family Dental, we are dedicated to helping patients achieve a healthy, bright smile. On World Smile Day, we want our patients to feel confident about their smile and focus on what the day is about instead of feeling self-conscious about their smile. Dr. Dakota Davis, Dr. Paul Davis, And Dr. Lauren Drennan are experienced dentists who offer a wide range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services in Bedford, TX.
Tips For Maintaining A Bright, Healthy Smile
Get Involved in World Smile Day
Go out and get active! Make it your mission to get involved in World Smile Day. Performing an act of kindness only takes a few minutes out of your day. We encourage our patients to flash their healthy, beautiful smiles. Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX will work with you to achieve the smile you are proud to flash! Contact our office for the care you need.
- Develop and execute a proper oral hygiene routine. Brushing your teeth for two minutes a day at least twice a day can help eliminate harmful bacteria and debris. Flossing can help remove plaque that may be hiding between the teeth. Regular flossing can also minimize your chance of developing gum disease. Practicing a healthy oral hygiene routine at home is a great way to combat complex dental problems.
- Schedule twice a year preventive care visits to Davis Family Dental. Preventive care visits allow our dentist to properly examine your mouth, teeth, and gums for any signs of dysfunction. Catching complex dental problems early gives patients more options for treatment. After your exam, our team of dentists can develop a treatment plan specific to your dental needs.
- Don't smoke. Over time, smoking can stain your teeth, cause bad breath, increased risk of gum disease, and may even lead to tooth loss.
- Consume a smile healthy diet. Try to avoid sugary foods and beverages because the sugar can stick to the teeth and cause cavities if not properly removed. Increase your consumption of water to clean your mouth out throughout the day. Brush and floss your teeth after consuming sugary food or beverages.
Posted in: cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, Restorative Dentistry
Monday, September 25th, 2017
Tooth loss can happen suddenly or over a course of time. No matter the cause, missing teeth should be treated as soon as possible to prevent bone deterioration, tooth decay, and any other complex problems that may develop. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, Dr. Paul G. Davis, Dr. Dakota Davis, and Dr. Lauren Drennan are caring, experienced dentists who are dedicated to providing patient-focused dental care. At Davis Family Dental Care, we work with you to find the best solution for your smile. Depending on your needs, we may offer dental implants, dentures, or dental bridge as your replacement solution.
Replacing Missing Teeth
During your visit to our Bedford dental office, one of our skilled dentists will perform a comprehensive exam to determine the overall health of your teeth. Treatment planning is a vital part of creating your ideal smile. At Davis Family Dental Care, we take our time to address your dental needs and cover all bases before suggesting the appropriate solution for your smile. We may offer:
When choosing a tooth replacement solution, it is important to provide patients with a comfortable, natural-looking tooth replacement option. If you are looking for a team of dentist you can trust to restore your smile, visit Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX. Patients can call 817.382.8869 to schedule an appointment or make an appointment online.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a small, titanium post that mimics your natural tooth root. Over time, the dental implant will fuse with the jawbone. Once the dental implant is fused with the jawbone, one of our high trained dentists will attach a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture as your final restoration. Although dental implants are one of the most successful tooth replacement options, not everyone is an ideal candidate to receive them. In order to receive dental implants, a patient must have an adequate amount of healthy jawbone structure. During your comprehensive exam, Dr. Paul Davis, Dr. Davis, or Dr. Drennan will determine if dental implants are right for you
- Dental Bridge: Dental bridges can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. Traditionally, a dental bridge is supported by a dental crown that is used to hold the false tooth in place. For a more durable solution, a dental bridge can be secured using dental implants.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that are used to replace either the top row or bottom row of teeth. Dentures can look and function like your natural teeth with proper care and maintenance. For patients looking for a more durable and reliable tooth replacement options, dentures can be fixed into place using dental implants.
Posted in: Missing Teeth
Thursday, August 3rd, 2017
Protecting your tooth enamel can help keep your teeth protected against dental issues like tooth decay, plaque, and cavities. At Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX, we strive to make sure our patients are well informed and knowledgeable about their oral health. Bedford family dentists Dr. Paul G. Davis, Dr. Dakota Davis, and Dr. Lauren Drennan encourages patients to develop healthy oral hygiene habits in order to keep their teeth protected from complex dental issues. As a caring family dental practice, we welcome all kinds of patients and work closely with you to help keep you maintain excellent oral health and keep your smile bright and healthy. Part of maintaining excellent oral health is taking care of your tooth enamel. We have listed a few tips you can take to help keep your teeth strong and healthy.
The tooth enamel is the hardest and densest layer of your tooth. Your tooth enamel can help protect you from a range of dental issues, so it is important to keep it healthy so it can perform its job. Your tooth enamel works like a well-oiled machine, it acts as a barrier from things that are too hot or too cold, plaque, acids, and cavities. Once the enamel is damaged, it can only be restored through an experienced dentist. You only get one tooth enamel, so it is imperative to keep it in pristine condition.
A damaged enamel can appear discolored or show shiny spots on the teeth. Some people may notice their teeth are more sensitive, especially to temperature changes in the mouth. If you notice you have a damaged tooth enamel, our trusted dentist at Davis Family Dental can help restore the health of your smile.
Protect Your Tooth Enamel
- Avoid or limit the amount of citrus you consume. Foods or beverages that are high is citrus acid can break down your tooth enamel over time. This can lead your teeth to become more susceptible to tooth sensitivity and cavities.
- Limit the amount of sugary foods and drinks you have. Sugar doesn't have any benefits for your oral health. Try drinking more water instead. Water does not harm your tooth enamel. Water also helps keep your mouth moisturized, which helps minimize the amount of debris and food particles circulating in your mouth.
- Try swapping out your regular toothpaste for a fluoride toothpaste. An ADA approved fluoride toothpaste can help strengthen your tooth enamel.
- Visit Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX. At Davis Family Dental, we work with your to help keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright. We provide patients a comprehensive approach to general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry. We welcome patients of all kinds, so bring the whole family in! We also offer comprehensive preventive care visits for the whole family. You can schedule an appointment online or call 817.382.8869
Posted in: oral health
Monday, July 24th, 2017
At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, we understand our patients and their oral health needs. We aim to provide each of our patients with patient-focused, comprehensive dental care. Bedford dentist Drs. Dakota Davis, Paul Davis, and Laura Drennan encourage patients to visit Davis Family Dental Care at least twice a year for a routine preventive care visit. Preventive care is one of the foundations of a great dental practice. Although it is encouraged for patients to practice great preventive care habits by visiting our office at least twice a year, we also encourage patients to practice great preventive care at home, which starts with developing a great oral hygiene routine. Most patients remember to brush and floss their teeth in the morning because no one wants to be reminded that they have bad breath throughout the day. However, at night, people just go to bed without taking care of their teeth first. No worries, we have compiled a few tips to help improve your nightly oral hygiene routine and get you one step closer to a brighter, whiter smile.
Preventive Care in Bedford, TX
At Davis Family Dental Care, we care about our patients just as much as we care about your oral health. In our Bedford dentist office, we strive to provide an atmosphere where patients can be treated, valued, and cared for. We focus on providing patient focused care which is what keeps our patients happy, healthy, and visit us regularly. We take preventive dental care seriously and check for any signs of dysfunction in your mouth, teeth, and gums during a comprehensive exam. Routine preventive care visits help us identify complex dental problems like tooth decay and gum disease. Once we spot any complex dental issues, we work with you to develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
Simple Tips for Your Nightly Oral Hygiene Routine
Developing a nightly oral hygiene routine doesn't have to be difficult or tedious. Simply following these tips can help improve your oral health and get you one step closer to that bright, healthy smile you've always wanted.
Brush your teeth before bed or right after dinner: Brushing your teeth doesn't only help eliminate bad breath, but it also helps remove bacteria, debris, and food particles that accumulate in the mouth throughout the day. Brushing helps protect your smile from complex problems like tooth decay and plaque.
Don't forget to floss before bed: Many patients forget to incorporate flossing into their normal oral hygiene routine. Flossing helps remove bacteria and debris between the teeth. Not flossing can lead to tooth decay, cavities, and even gum disease.
Use an ADA approved mouthwash: Mouthwash also helps remove debris and bacteria that accumulates in the mouth throughout the day. Mouthwash also helps keep your breath fresh by removing bacteria in the mouth.
These 3 simple steps can help improve the health of your smile over time. Also regularly visiting Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX can help make sure your smile is bright and healthy. Please feel free to schedule an appointment online or call 817.382.8869
Posted in: oral hygiene habits, preventive dental care
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
It's hot, the kids are out of school, and your summer vacation is just around the corner. We understand that vacations are fun and exciting, and we promise your oral health care can be too. We know that while on vacation, certain dental health habits can fall to the wayside as you lay on the beach eating an ice cream cone. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, we aim to provide comprehensive, quality dental care to patients of all types. Drs. Dakota Davis, Paul Davis, and Laura Drennan take a caring approach to dentistry and believe in providing patients with the information to take control of their oral health. For your benefit, we have prepared a quick and easy guide to help keep your teeth healthy and happy while on vacation.
The Importance Of Preventive Care
Preventive care is often the underdog is dentistry. Patients underestimate the importance of preventive care, Most patients wait until they are suffering from a toothache or lose a tooth before scheduling an appointment. However, at Davis Family Dental Care we pride ourselves in providing comprehensive, dedicated, and caring dental treatments to each one of our patients. We believe preventive care is the number one tool patients have to take charge of their oral health. Schedule a preventive care visit before your vacation can help give patients that extra boost of confidence before flashing their smile on the boardwalk. Preventive care visits give Drs.Davis, Davis, and Drennan the opportunity to properly check the mouth teeth, and gums for any complex issues and properly treat them. During a routine dental exam, we will provide:
For most, preventive care starts at home. It is important to practice proper oral hygiene at home to maintain a healthy smile and gums.
- Dental x-rays
- Periodontal screening
- Cavities screening
- Bite analysis
- Professional dental cleaning
Tips To Practice Proper Dental Care While On Vacation
We have compiled a small list of dental tips to follow while on vacation to ensure you keep your smile bright and healthy.
At Davis Family Dental Care, we value our patients and their oral health. We specialize in family and general dentistry and strive to provide quality care and the knowledge to take charge of their oral health.
- Tip #1- Be Proactive! Don't wait until the last minute to visit your dentist. As stated, preventive care is an important part of your dental health routine. Visiting one of our experienced dentists at Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX can help spot any complex dental issues and give your teeth a deep cleaning before you hit the road.
- Tip #2-We know vacation means grubbing out to amazing food, meeting great people, and smiling every chance you get. Try carrying around travel size containers of your favorite dental products. Nothing is better than giving your teeth a little love after dinner and flossing to make sure none of your food is stuck in between your teeth. Not flossing regularly can cause tooth decay and cavities. And yes, flossing on vacation is just as important as flossing at home!
- Tip #3-Keep your teeth protected during sports or contact activities. Mouthguards are a great way to keep the teeth protected during contact activities. The last thing you want is to worry about a missing tooth while on vacation. However, if you do suffer a dental emergency while on vacation, our experienced dentists at Davis Family Dental Care will work with you to determine the best course of action.
Posted in: preventive dental care bedford, Uncategorized