Friday, October 6th, 2017
In 1963, Harvey Ball created the "smiley face" to remind people to smile and treat one another with kindness. Over the years, his message has been commercialized so he decided to create World Smile Day. World Smile Day falls on the first Friday of October every year. People band together to perform acts of kindness in hopes of making each other smile.
At Davis Family Dental, we are dedicated to helping patients achieve a healthy, bright smile. On World Smile Day, we want our patients to feel confident about their smile and focus on what the day is about instead of feeling self-conscious about their smile. Dr. Dakota Davis, Dr. Paul Davis, And Dr. Lauren Drennan are experienced dentists who offer a wide range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services in Bedford, TX.
Tips For Maintaining A Bright, Healthy Smile
Get Involved in World Smile Day
Go out and get active! Make it your mission to get involved in World Smile Day. Performing an act of kindness only takes a few minutes out of your day. We encourage our patients to flash their healthy, beautiful smiles. Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX will work with you to achieve the smile you are proud to flash! Contact our office for the care you need.
- Develop and execute a proper oral hygiene routine. Brushing your teeth for two minutes a day at least twice a day can help eliminate harmful bacteria and debris. Flossing can help remove plaque that may be hiding between the teeth. Regular flossing can also minimize your chance of developing gum disease. Practicing a healthy oral hygiene routine at home is a great way to combat complex dental problems.
- Schedule twice a year preventive care visits to Davis Family Dental. Preventive care visits allow our dentist to properly examine your mouth, teeth, and gums for any signs of dysfunction. Catching complex dental problems early gives patients more options for treatment. After your exam, our team of dentists can develop a treatment plan specific to your dental needs.
- Don't smoke. Over time, smoking can stain your teeth, cause bad breath, increased risk of gum disease, and may even lead to tooth loss.
- Consume a smile healthy diet. Try to avoid sugary foods and beverages because the sugar can stick to the teeth and cause cavities if not properly removed. Increase your consumption of water to clean your mouth out throughout the day. Brush and floss your teeth after consuming sugary food or beverages.
Posted in: cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, Restorative Dentistry
Monday, September 25th, 2017
Tooth loss can happen suddenly or over a course of time. No matter the cause, missing teeth should be treated as soon as possible to prevent bone deterioration, tooth decay, and any other complex problems that may develop. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, Dr. Paul G. Davis, Dr. Dakota Davis, and Dr. Lauren Drennan are caring, experienced dentists who are dedicated to providing patient-focused dental care. At Davis Family Dental Care, we work with you to find the best solution for your smile. Depending on your needs, we may offer dental implants, dentures, or dental bridge as your replacement solution.
Replacing Missing Teeth
During your visit to our Bedford dental office, one of our skilled dentists will perform a comprehensive exam to determine the overall health of your teeth. Treatment planning is a vital part of creating your ideal smile. At Davis Family Dental Care, we take our time to address your dental needs and cover all bases before suggesting the appropriate solution for your smile. We may offer:
When choosing a tooth replacement solution, it is important to provide patients with a comfortable, natural-looking tooth replacement option. If you are looking for a team of dentist you can trust to restore your smile, visit Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX. Patients can call 817.382.8869 to schedule an appointment or make an appointment online.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a small, titanium post that mimics your natural tooth root. Over time, the dental implant will fuse with the jawbone. Once the dental implant is fused with the jawbone, one of our high trained dentists will attach a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture as your final restoration. Although dental implants are one of the most successful tooth replacement options, not everyone is an ideal candidate to receive them. In order to receive dental implants, a patient must have an adequate amount of healthy jawbone structure. During your comprehensive exam, Dr. Paul Davis, Dr. Davis, or Dr. Drennan will determine if dental implants are right for you
- Dental Bridge: Dental bridges can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. Traditionally, a dental bridge is supported by a dental crown that is used to hold the false tooth in place. For a more durable solution, a dental bridge can be secured using dental implants.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that are used to replace either the top row or bottom row of teeth. Dentures can look and function like your natural teeth with proper care and maintenance. For patients looking for a more durable and reliable tooth replacement options, dentures can be fixed into place using dental implants.
Posted in: Missing Teeth
Thursday, August 3rd, 2017
Protecting your tooth enamel can help keep your teeth protected against dental issues like tooth decay, plaque, and cavities. At Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX, we strive to make sure our patients are well informed and knowledgeable about their oral health. Bedford family dentists Dr. Paul G. Davis, Dr. Dakota Davis, and Dr. Lauren Drennan encourages patients to develop healthy oral hygiene habits in order to keep their teeth protected from complex dental issues. As a caring family dental practice, we welcome all kinds of patients and work closely with you to help keep you maintain excellent oral health and keep your smile bright and healthy. Part of maintaining excellent oral health is taking care of your tooth enamel. We have listed a few tips you can take to help keep your teeth strong and healthy.
The tooth enamel is the hardest and densest layer of your tooth. Your tooth enamel can help protect you from a range of dental issues, so it is important to keep it healthy so it can perform its job. Your tooth enamel works like a well-oiled machine, it acts as a barrier from things that are too hot or too cold, plaque, acids, and cavities. Once the enamel is damaged, it can only be restored through an experienced dentist. You only get one tooth enamel, so it is imperative to keep it in pristine condition.
A damaged enamel can appear discolored or show shiny spots on the teeth. Some people may notice their teeth are more sensitive, especially to temperature changes in the mouth. If you notice you have a damaged tooth enamel, our trusted dentist at Davis Family Dental can help restore the health of your smile.
Protect Your Tooth Enamel
- Avoid or limit the amount of citrus you consume. Foods or beverages that are high is citrus acid can break down your tooth enamel over time. This can lead your teeth to become more susceptible to tooth sensitivity and cavities.
- Limit the amount of sugary foods and drinks you have. Sugar doesn't have any benefits for your oral health. Try drinking more water instead. Water does not harm your tooth enamel. Water also helps keep your mouth moisturized, which helps minimize the amount of debris and food particles circulating in your mouth.
- Try swapping out your regular toothpaste for a fluoride toothpaste. An ADA approved fluoride toothpaste can help strengthen your tooth enamel.
- Visit Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX. At Davis Family Dental, we work with your to help keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright. We provide patients a comprehensive approach to general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry. We welcome patients of all kinds, so bring the whole family in! We also offer comprehensive preventive care visits for the whole family. You can schedule an appointment online or call 817.382.8869
Posted in: oral health
Monday, July 24th, 2017
At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, we understand our patients and their oral health needs. We aim to provide each of our patients with patient-focused, comprehensive dental care. Bedford dentist Drs. Dakota Davis, Paul Davis, and Laura Drennan encourage patients to visit Davis Family Dental Care at least twice a year for a routine preventive care visit. Preventive care is one of the foundations of a great dental practice. Although it is encouraged for patients to practice great preventive care habits by visiting our office at least twice a year, we also encourage patients to practice great preventive care at home, which starts with developing a great oral hygiene routine. Most patients remember to brush and floss their teeth in the morning because no one wants to be reminded that they have bad breath throughout the day. However, at night, people just go to bed without taking care of their teeth first. No worries, we have compiled a few tips to help improve your nightly oral hygiene routine and get you one step closer to a brighter, whiter smile.
Preventive Care in Bedford, TX
At Davis Family Dental Care, we care about our patients just as much as we care about your oral health. In our Bedford dentist office, we strive to provide an atmosphere where patients can be treated, valued, and cared for. We focus on providing patient focused care which is what keeps our patients happy, healthy, and visit us regularly. We take preventive dental care seriously and check for any signs of dysfunction in your mouth, teeth, and gums during a comprehensive exam. Routine preventive care visits help us identify complex dental problems like tooth decay and gum disease. Once we spot any complex dental issues, we work with you to develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
Simple Tips for Your Nightly Oral Hygiene Routine
Developing a nightly oral hygiene routine doesn't have to be difficult or tedious. Simply following these tips can help improve your oral health and get you one step closer to that bright, healthy smile you've always wanted.
Brush your teeth before bed or right after dinner: Brushing your teeth doesn't only help eliminate bad breath, but it also helps remove bacteria, debris, and food particles that accumulate in the mouth throughout the day. Brushing helps protect your smile from complex problems like tooth decay and plaque.
Don't forget to floss before bed: Many patients forget to incorporate flossing into their normal oral hygiene routine. Flossing helps remove bacteria and debris between the teeth. Not flossing can lead to tooth decay, cavities, and even gum disease.
Use an ADA approved mouthwash: Mouthwash also helps remove debris and bacteria that accumulates in the mouth throughout the day. Mouthwash also helps keep your breath fresh by removing bacteria in the mouth.
These 3 simple steps can help improve the health of your smile over time. Also regularly visiting Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX can help make sure your smile is bright and healthy. Please feel free to schedule an appointment online or call 817.382.8869
Posted in: oral hygiene habits, preventive dental care
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
It's hot, the kids are out of school, and your summer vacation is just around the corner. We understand that vacations are fun and exciting, and we promise your oral health care can be too. We know that while on vacation, certain dental health habits can fall to the wayside as you lay on the beach eating an ice cream cone. At Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX, we aim to provide comprehensive, quality dental care to patients of all types. Drs. Dakota Davis, Paul Davis, and Laura Drennan take a caring approach to dentistry and believe in providing patients with the information to take control of their oral health. For your benefit, we have prepared a quick and easy guide to help keep your teeth healthy and happy while on vacation.
The Importance Of Preventive Care
Preventive care is often the underdog is dentistry. Patients underestimate the importance of preventive care, Most patients wait until they are suffering from a toothache or lose a tooth before scheduling an appointment. However, at Davis Family Dental Care we pride ourselves in providing comprehensive, dedicated, and caring dental treatments to each one of our patients. We believe preventive care is the number one tool patients have to take charge of their oral health. Schedule a preventive care visit before your vacation can help give patients that extra boost of confidence before flashing their smile on the boardwalk. Preventive care visits give Drs.Davis, Davis, and Drennan the opportunity to properly check the mouth teeth, and gums for any complex issues and properly treat them. During a routine dental exam, we will provide:
For most, preventive care starts at home. It is important to practice proper oral hygiene at home to maintain a healthy smile and gums.
- Dental x-rays
- Periodontal screening
- Cavities screening
- Bite analysis
- Professional dental cleaning
Tips To Practice Proper Dental Care While On Vacation
We have compiled a small list of dental tips to follow while on vacation to ensure you keep your smile bright and healthy.
At Davis Family Dental Care, we value our patients and their oral health. We specialize in family and general dentistry and strive to provide quality care and the knowledge to take charge of their oral health.
- Tip #1- Be Proactive! Don't wait until the last minute to visit your dentist. As stated, preventive care is an important part of your dental health routine. Visiting one of our experienced dentists at Davis Family Dental Care in Bedford, TX can help spot any complex dental issues and give your teeth a deep cleaning before you hit the road.
- Tip #2-We know vacation means grubbing out to amazing food, meeting great people, and smiling every chance you get. Try carrying around travel size containers of your favorite dental products. Nothing is better than giving your teeth a little love after dinner and flossing to make sure none of your food is stuck in between your teeth. Not flossing regularly can cause tooth decay and cavities. And yes, flossing on vacation is just as important as flossing at home!
- Tip #3-Keep your teeth protected during sports or contact activities. Mouthguards are a great way to keep the teeth protected during contact activities. The last thing you want is to worry about a missing tooth while on vacation. However, if you do suffer a dental emergency while on vacation, our experienced dentists at Davis Family Dental Care will work with you to determine the best course of action.
Posted in: preventive dental care bedford, Uncategorized
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
Schools out and summer is rapidly approaching, so what better time is there to schedule your routine cleaning and dental exam. It is no surprise that children may not enjoy going to the dentist, but at Davis Family Dental in Bedford, TX, Drs. Dakota Davis, Paul Davis, and Laura Drennan provide a safe, comfortable environment for your littles ones to get the care they need. Establishing healthy oral health habits during youth is important in order to combat any bad habits or complex problems that may arise in adulthood.
Making Preventative Dental Care Fun At Home
Great preventative care starts at home. Healthy teeth don't have to be boring; there are quite a few ways to make healthy teeth fun.
- Make picking out your child's dental material fun. Does your child have a favorite superhero? We guarantee there is a toothbrush out there with their favorite superhero plastered on the front. Letting your child have an instrumental part in their oral health will help promote healthy oral health habits.
- Creating a fun teeth related reward system. Offering small rewards like stickers or a coloring book for brushing or flossing can help get kids more involved in the oral health process.
- Play a game or some interesting music while brushing and flossing. Getting your kids excited to brush and floss helps them look forward to taking care of their teeth. Soon enough, your kids will begin brushing and flossing without a reminder!
The importance of Preventative For Children
Children ages 6-18 are at a higher risk to develop complex problems such as tooth decay. Preventive care is set into place to help combat issues like tooth decay and cavities. Preventive care visits consist of teeth cleanings, fluoride/sealant application, and an overall exam of the teeth, mouth, and jaw.
Preventative care is necessary for children to begin healthy oral health habits at a young age. Developing healthy oral health habits early prevents the development of complex problems in the future.
Schedule An Appoinment
We understand that your child's oral health is an important part of growing up. We offer a variety of personalized dental services to our younger patients at Davis Family Dental. Please feel free to call 817.382.8869 or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: general dentistry, oral health, oral hygiene habits
Monday, April 10th, 2017
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month and Bedford, TX Davis Family Dental Care is taking the time to shed light on this sometimes life-threatening disease. Nearly 50,000 Americans will be affected by oral cancer this year alone. Early diagnosis is essential for effective treatment.
Dr. Lauren Davis, Dr. Dakota Davis and Dr. Paul G. Davis provide thorough oral cancer screenings during every preventive dental care visit. Being screened for oral cancer every six months can help catch cancer early for the chance of conservative and effective treatment. Oral cancer screenings are virtually painless and take only a few moments. Your Davis Family dentist will visually scan all surfaces of your tongue, throat, gums and cheeks for any signs of oral cancer.
Symptoms of Oral Cancer
Staying alert of any changes in your oral health can also help for early diagnosis. If you notice any changes in your soft tissues that persist for upwards of two weeks without healing, be sure to schedule an oral cancer screening with our Bedford TX dentist office.
Symptoms to Look For:
Some risk factors can make you more susceptible to developing oral cancer. Patients who eat a high meat diet and spend ample time in the sun could be at higher risk. Exposure to HPV and smoking, chewing or vaping also greatly increases the risk for oral cancer. If you have any of these risk factors or have a family history of cancer, be sure to pay special attention to changes in your mouth.
- White or red patches
- Thickening of soft tissues
- Open sores
- Change in the fit of dental appliance
- Hoarse voice
- Feeling of lump in throat
Oral Cancer Screening
Schedule your routine dental health exam at Davis Family Dental. Regular oral health care exams and diligent oral hygiene routine can help keep your mouth healthy. Healthy teeth and gums are essential for long term health.
Posted in: oral cancer screening bedford, oral cancer symptoms
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Is your smile showing signs of aging? If your smile is feeling a little less than glamorous, Davis Family Dental Care of Bedford, TX can help. Our highly trained and experienced cosmetic dentists Dr. Dakota Davis, Dr. Paul Davis and Dr. Lauren Drennan offer quality dental care and natural results for patients looking for a younger smile. Whether you want to freshen up your teeth, or if you are looking for a total smile makeover, contact our Bedford dentist office.
Dental Treatments for A Younger Smile Bedford, TX
Having a younger looking smile can make you feel good and may even improve the quality of your life. Our Bedford dentist office offers a full range of cosmetic and restorative dental treatments that can take years off your smile.
- Dental Veneers- Porcelain veneers offer natural and effective results for a total smile makeover. Whether you need to correct one tooth or your entire smile, dental veneers are long term solution to a range of cosmetic dental concerns. Veneers can close gaps, repair chips or cracks, reshape and cover stained teeth. Veneers can give you that "Hollywood smile" you have always wanted.
- Resin Fillings- If you have old metal fillings, especially in your "smile zone" replacing them with tooth-colored resin fillings can take years off your smile. New tooth colored fillings can be color matched to your natural teeth so they blend in with your smile.
- Teeth Whitening- Teeth whitening is a quick and effective way to rejuvenate your smile. The most popular cosmetic treatment, ZOOM Teeth Whitening treatment can whiten your smile up to 8 shades in just one hour.
- Invisible Braces- For adult patients experiencing minor to moderate orthodontic relapse, Invisible braces can help to realign your teeth restoring a youthful appearance. Invisible braces gradually and comfortably readjust your bite in a discreet and efficient manner.
Schedule A Consultation
Find out how you can reverse the signs of aging on your smile. Contact our Bedford, TX cosmetic dentist office to schedule a consultation or request one online. Feeling confident in your smile can help you feel and look better!
Posted in: smile makeover
Tuesday, February 14th, 2017
It is time to take back your smile. Do not waste any more time suffering from embarrassment, or pain due to an unhealthy smile. Bedford, TX Davis Family Dental Care offers experienced and quality restorative dentistry. Restorative dentistry can restore your oral health, and your confidence.
Oral Health Focused
Restorative dentistry at our Bedford dentist office is centered on bringing your oral health back into focus. By treating the root of your oral health concerns our dentists are able to create a beautiful smile you feel proud to share. We start your journey to a healthy smile with a thorough oral health exam. Dental checkups include checking the health of your teeth and gums as well as looking for signs of oral cancer or gum disease.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures
We offer a full range of restorative procedures so that you may receive the most comprehensive care. In some cases, where oral health concerns have gone untreated for a length of time, our dentists may suggest a combination of general, cosmetic and restorative treatments to strengthen your oral foundation and restore the health of your teeth and gums.
Do not delay treatment of oral health concerns. Something as seemingly minor as a cracked tooth has the potential to develop into a complex dental health problem. Cracked, chipped, broken, or missing teeth can lead to a root canal infection, which untreated, could result in tooth loss or even the development of gum disease. One dental health concern can domino into more advanced dental concerns.
Schedule An Appoinment
If you have dental health concerns that are holding you back from enjoying your natural and beautiful smile, contact our Bedford, TX dentist office. Dr. Paul G. Davis, Dr. Lauren Davis and Dr. Dakota Davis can help you restore your oral health for years of confident smiles.
Posted in: Uncategorized
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Do you ever wake up with a sore or tender jaw, headaches or sores inside your cheeks? You may be grinding your teeth in your sleep. This condition is also referred to as bruxism. Bruxism can damage teeth and lead to more complex dental health concerns. Bedford, TX Davis Family Dental Care offers advanced diagnostics and treatment for bruxism.
Know The Signs of Bruxism
Because teeth grinding generally occurs during sleep, many patients are unaware that they are experiencing it. Untreated, bruxism can causes significant damage to the teeth and jaw muscle and joint. Early diagnosis of teeth grinding can help reduce damage caused to your teeth. Knowing the signs of bruxism can help you to seek the treatment you need.
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Sensitivity in teeth
- Jaw pain
- Tightness in the jaw
- Constant earaches
- Frequent headaches, especially in the morning
- Overall facial pain
- Cuts or sores on the soft tissue of your mouth
What Causes Bruxism
Stress is a leading factor in causing bruxism. Dr. Davis may suggest practicing stress relief practices to help reduce the intensity of teeth grinding. Yoga, meditation or breathing exercises are a few non medicinal options you may want to try. Reducing daily stress is beneficial not only for your oral health but for your overall health as well.
In some cases, stress relief may not be enough to correct bruxism. Sometimes bruxism is caused by a misalignment of the teeth or an imbalance in the bite. Davis Family Dental Care offers several treatment options for the relief of bruxism that will realign the bite and allow normal function to reduce stress on the jaw joints and muscles.
Bruxism Treatments Bedford, TX
Cause: Misalignment of Teeth
Treatment: Bite Alignment Therapy: invisible braces, dental crowns, or veneers can all help to realign your teeth and correct the root cause of your bruxism.
Treatment: Bite Guard: similar to a sports mouthguard, this custom fit bite guard is worn at night and can help prevent teeth grinding and jaw clenching during sleep.
Cause: Damage of teeth due to bruxism
Treatment: Once the root cause of your bruxism has been successfully treated, Dr. Davis may recommend cosmetic or restorative treatments to repair damage caused by teeth grinding.
Our Bedford dentist office provides a comprehensive list of cosmetic and restorative dental treatments for the complete care of all your oral health needs.
Posted in: TMJ